1. Kara’s car is an older model Escort. The first car I ever owned was an Escort.
2. The restaurant known as Fred’s is actually based off of a small diner located in my hometown.
3. The last scene before the epilogue in Finding Forever was inspired by An Officer and A Gentleman.
4. Kara has a love for Ben and Jerry’s Cookie Dough Ice Cream. I shamefully have to admit I’ve never tired this brand, but cookie dough anything is a win-win with me.
5. Kara’s mother’s maiden name was in fact a family member’s maiden name.
6. The idea for Devon’s obsession with lowered trucks was actually inspired by a pastime of one of my husband’s cousins.
7. Like Kara, Tequila and I are not the best of friends.
8. Natalie’s angel tombstone was actually a replica of my late grandmother’s tombstone.
9. Hope Floats is one of my favorite movies of all time and I too, like Kara, have a crush on Harry Connick Jr.
10. Finding Forever was actually a suggestion for the title of Chasing Rainbows.
Inspiration behind Finding Forever:
I have to give credit to my previous editor, Monica Kimble, whom I worked with during the editing of my first book, Chasing Rainbows. As a reader, I love series, but as an author, I’d never given much thought as to writing one until Monica asked if I had ever considered telling the stories of any of the other characters from Chasing Rainbows. This suggestion took hold and one character in particular occupied my thoughts, and I had to write her story. Kara Thorn didn’t really give me a choice. Right now, I’m currently working on the third book in The Chasing Series. There were will be four in the series.