1. My family—I’m very blessed to have a husband and family who truly support me unconditionally. That is the greatest inspiration any writer could ever ask for.
2. My three boys—They continue to amaze me every day with their free-spirited imaginations and pure hearts.
3. My readers—There is nothing sweeter than hearing that someone loved one of my novels. Each time, it makes me want to stop what I’m doing and go back to my writing cave.
4. Love—Every girl dreams of falling in love and having her perfect happily ever after. I love to give that to my characters, and I hope to share their stories with others.
5. Reading—There is nothing better than losing yourself in a story. I fight the battle very often. Do I read or write? I’m very passionate about both.
6. Authors—I have so many favorite books. I could never choose just ten. So many authors have made me cry, melt into a puddle, and laugh out loud, causing my husband to look at me as if I’ve lost my mind. Then, I’m usually left with a major book hangover. After reading an unthinkable amount of books in 2012, I give many thanks to all the authors who inspired me to write love stories of my own.
7. Emotions—We all have them, and we try to control them, tame them, or let them flow. I have taken a leap of faith in the writing world as I poured my emotions into The Beautiful Series. I took a chance on myself when I wrote Beautiful Chances, My Beautiful, Beautiful Dreams, and now, Beautiful Ties.
8. People—At heart, I am an observer. I love to watch people interact, smile, and laugh while they embrace a moment. Life is too short not to take a chance on your dreams.
9. Music—I have always loved music. Since I started writing, my love for it has intensified. Now, I find certain songs unleashing scenes in my mind, forcing me to run and search for the closest thing—paper, napkin, or anything within my reach to write my ideas down on.
10. Day-to-day living—You never know what is going to happen the next day or even the next moment in your life. I’ve learned to be thankful for each moment, every person, and every experience that I have.
Alicia Rae is a Contemporary Romance Author who lives in Dekalb, Illinois, with her husband and three beautiful boys. Alicia has a passion for reading all types of romance, writing to bring a story to life, and photography.
Thank you to my dear sister, Kels, who showed me a few years ago how much I truly missed reading. And to my loving husband, for not throwing away my Nook, and planting the seed of writing in my mind. I am forever grateful. Xo
Readers, words cannot thank you enough for supporting me along this incredible journey. I hope you enjoy my novels as much as I do writing them. I thank each and every one of you.
Believe in yourself and follow your dreams...
About her book
Colton Kingston has loved Paige Summers his entire life. All he has ever dreamed of is having Paige by his side while he lives the simple life of a cowboy raising horses and cattle on his farm.
When tragedy strikes, fate tests the strength of their love.
Paige’s confidence is shaken as she wonders if she can heal from her past and move forward, so Colton can have the life he was born to live.
Can Colton and Paige endure everything in fate’s path?
Or will Paige give up her one true love to give Colton the life he deserves?