Step right up! Step right up! Get those taste buds ready for the Pie Bake Off booth hosted by the lovely Entangled Bliss authors. Each author specially baked a pie sure to delight. Check out the video and let us know which pie are you dying to eat? You can grab all of the recipes below.
- 2½ cup flour
- 1 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 6 to 8 tbsp ice cold water
- 5 cups of mixed berries, sliced strawberries, raspberries, blueberries
- ¾ cup light brown sugar
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 1 tsp orange zest
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg white for egg wash
- Place the butter in freezer for 20 minutes.
- In a food processor add the flour, salt and sugar and pulse a couple times.
- Add the butter to the food processor and pulse a few times until the mixture resembles peas. Add the ice water one tablespoon at a time and continue pulsing. The dough should start to hold together.
- Remove dough from food processor and place it over your working surface. Form the dough into 2 discs, cover in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least one hour up to 2 days before using.
- Preheat oven to 425 F degrees. Coat a deep-dish pie crust plate with nonstick baking spray.
- Place berries in a large bowl. In a small bowl combine brown sugar, cornstarch, orange zest and extract; mix well. Add to berries; toss to coat.
- Take out the pastry discs from the fridge and roll out a disc so that it's 12 inches in diameter and place it and arrange in your pie dish. Brush the pie crust with egg white so that it doesn't get soggy.
- Pour the berry mixture into the pie crust.
- Roll out the other disc so that it's 12 inches in diameter as well and cut it into lattice strips. Arrange the lattice strips nicely over the berries and brush with remaining egg white.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until golden brown.
- Melt the following in a small saucepan: 3/4 c chocolate chips, 1 T butter, 2 tsp milk
- Add 1/4 c confectioners sugar
- Remove from heat and spread chocolate sauce over bottom of crust. Set aside to cool completely.
- Melt 1 c butter in microwave, then stir in 1 c brown sugar
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes
- Pour mixture into blender and stir in 1 c peanut butter until well blended
- Fold in 12 oz whipped topping
- Pour filling over cooled chocolate layer
- Melt the following in a small saucepan: 3/4 c chocolate chips, 1 T butter, 1 T corn syrup, 1/4 c confectioners sugar
- Mix well
- Spread carefully over the peanut butter layer
Her Unexpected Detour by Kyra Jacobs
The Bad Boy's Baby by Cindi Madsen
And be sure to stop by the other carnival booths for more fun and giveaways and each day stop by the Facebook event page to chat with the authors.