1. The Thrillhammer’s are a real band that allowed me to use their songs within the book.
2. Grandmama is based on my grandmother whom I was very close to.
3. The Last Unicorn (a movie mentioned in both RIPPLE EFFECT and DOMINO EFFECT) was my favorite as a child. I could watch the movie repeatedly every day … all day.
4. The timer mentioned in DOMINO EFFECT is completely made up. I’ve had a few people who got Arc’s ask where they could get the App.
5. Nikola is named after a dear friend whom I’ve known for a long time. I’ve always loved her name and had to use it as a characters name.
6. Where Nikola talks about Grandmama making little red vests was actually a summer project I did with my grandmother.
7. Rook (card game mentioned in DOMINO EFFECT) is a family favorite.
8. I love the Magic 8 Ball as much as Nikola does in the book. That blue triangle of wisdom
knows its stuff!
9. The band members of The Thrillhammers are the real life players.
10. My browser history will never be the same after researching material for both RIPPLE EFFECT and DOMINO EFFECT. ;)
About Kristin Mayer
Kristin Mayer is a wife, a proud mother, and a full-time Analyst and Import Manager. Since an early age, she has always enjoyed reading and writing. While visiting her father one weekend, he suggested that she should take up writing again. With family and a career, she didn’t give it a lot of thought, until a story entered her mind and wouldn’t leave. It just kept forming and developing over a couple of months.
At the beginning of 2013, she decided to sit down and write it all down, but she kept it to herself. One sentence developed into two, and before she knew it, she had the makings of a novel.
Kristin tries to live life to the fullest during every moment. She loves to travel and meet new people. She holds a degree in International Business and uses it daily in her job. Kristin now adds “author” on her list of jobs, and feels very blessed and thankful.
About Domino Effect
One small movement can impact the rest of your life, like a set of dominoes lined up one after another. It’s not until you step back and see the big picture that you realize the damage you’ve done…
Brandt Mattox had it all—love, success, and friends. One impulsive wrong decision led him down a path that ended in a prison of regrets. He now only dreams of the happiness he once had before the consequences of his actions cost him everything.
He lost his love—not just any love, but his soul mate.
Nikola Kingston has worked hard to keep the past in the past while she focuses on her career and spending time with her grandmother. On a random night, she runs into the one man who will forever hold her heart captive. Her heart knows she still loves Brandt, but her mind cannot forget the dreadful night that cost her the love of her life.
Will the domino effect of Brandt’s and Nikola’s decisions be too much to overcome? Or will the love they never thought they would get back have an everlasting effect?